Friday 12 October 2012

Friday 2 slide pitch

We had a pitch today which included 2 slides and an explanation of our work.

I had to email my work to Marie-Claire:




 STUDIO WORK: (Slide one) - Van Gogh and Hoa Ai Qiang
Research, design, create and present a 3D child's Bedroom.
  • My own design means I can control the amount of work I am making for myself and therefore can devise an appropriate timetable.
  • This change from characters to environment is a big step but it'll help me expand my knowledge of 3D modelling, plus I know there are more jobs with environment, so to learn it would be advisable.
  • I shall then research into master painters, interior design, sculpting/modelling techniques, using references, studying light, material and objects linked to my model.
  • I will then finish with a scene presented in a game engine so a 1st person camera can explore it freely.




RESEARCH REPORT: (Slide two) - Dean Shanghanoo and Tim Burton
My subject is about game artists, compared to mediums (film/master paintings), and if they are being as recognised for their talented work.
For this subject I will need to explore:
  • Visual Gaming history
  • Comparing film, high grade master and game artists on which one owns most of the cultural wealth of art.
  • I shall contact artists to see closely how they are effected by areas of my subject issue. (If they have creative freedom, own their art and are they recognised. I will also look into the influence artists have an a game/film/piece of art, and the difference to when the art itself has more influence on the artist taking on the role.
All this will link into and round again to my studio work as I am create a visual art piece of my own, and with my representation and judgement being as well recognised if it were placed in other mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment