Sunday 14 October 2012

Reviewing emails

SUNDAY REVIEW #1


The first Sunday I've decided to review my emails, and unfortunately I don't really have any to discuss.

So far I have managed to get into contact with the Producer, Joe Neate, at a games company called Sumo Digital based in Sheffield:

http://www.sumo-digital.com/

I was able to contact him as I did some QA testing on their current game over the summer for 3 weeks. He agreed on helping me out with my research report and allowed me to get into contact with some of his art team, as long as I was able to attach him to ever email so he could get an understanding of what is being said.
He found my subject interesting and is going to take up my offer on reading it after I'm done if he is still interested.

This means I am capable of reaching out to artists and receiving the correct information I need, once I've worked out what it is I'd like to discuss with them.


After speaking with Sharon, my idea has changed and I have contacted Joe to speak about if this is still an interesting subject for me to contact them about still.

SUNDAY REVIEW #2

I have gained contact with Steven Hird (currently working at Sumo Digital), who has kindly agreed to help and I have asked him all my related questions.
He is a concept artists that interestingly works in 2D and 3D to create his pieces.

He will also be in contact with me during Ba8 to help with studio work if I ever need him.

SUNDAY REVIEW #3

Steven Hird has helped me with the Mental Ray rendering in Maya, as I have stated in my work flow post. His work on past projects can be found here:

http://stevehird.blogspot.co.uk/

This shows his own workflow from creating a 3D scene, to rendering it out nicely and then drawing over it however he pleases, and does this nicely.
His current projects and work is very demanding at the moment as well as him getting married, congratulations, which is why I haven't been able to be in constant contact with him, however I do know he will help me if I need it in my BA8 if I have anything to ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment